Friday, August 8, 2008

5 minute posts

6:48 minutes left on the internet cafe timer so I thought I'd shoot off a quickie... there has to be a better way of saying that. Prepare for short sentences and random thoughts!

We went to Mikumi. We saw animals. Stay tuned for pictures. I'm in Njombe right now shadowing a PCV to see what life is like after training. It was awesome. I ate Frank's Hot Sauce and spaghetti and grilled cheese and mushroom soup and more. Right now I'm going to Iringa to see more PCVs and PCTs. Tomorrow we leave for Dar es Salaam to find out where we'll be serving for the next two years. After that it's back to homestay for a week. Then we swear in and ship out on the 20th. I'm really excited, which is difficult to decipher from such short sentences. Also, I read Lord of the Flies. It was ****ed up.

I'm going to be an uncle!

Bye!

4 comments:

Mimi said...

I was SO excited to see your pic on Facebook!! :-) Can't wait to see the animal pictures!! Lord of the Flies? You expected a happy ending? Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Hey zach i'm glad to hear that your doing well. Lord of the flies is a little f-ed up. keep on keep oning haha.

Tiffany said...

I just happened on your mom's sight looking for beading ideas. Anyway, saw you were in Tanzania. I spent 2 years in Dar from 2000-2002 as a teacher at a Christian International School there (Haven of Peace Academy). Had a great time and learned so much. Just wanted to drop you a line and say Mungu Aku Bariki - I think that is God Bless You,If I remember correctly. Take Care and persevere. Did you get to hike Kilimanjaro - If not - do it... Totally Awesome!!!

Tiffany

Sarah said...

Miss you bud!