Saturday, June 7, 2008

Wanderlust


There we have it. That's what I'll be living with for the next two years, excluding a few medical items provided by the taxpayers. The above items are packed away into a hiking backpack, a wheeled piece of luggage and a carry-on backpack. In an amazing stroke of luck, my group is allowed to keep all of our luggage with us throughout training as opposed to leaving one at the Peace Corps office during our pre-service training (PST). That made packing and distributing weight soooo much easier... a fact much more appreciated as I found this out after the trial pack.

It's 1:15 AM and I'm typing away, avoiding some paperwork that is expected of me upon arrival. My flight departs from Columbus at 9:25 tomorrow morning and arrives an hour and a half later in Washington, DC. My country director sent me an itinerary for the first few days and, since the whole thing is busy and complicated, the gist is that we'll be getting to TZ on the evening of the 11th, doing some traveling and training, and meeting our host families on the 16th. Naturally, I'm nervous as hell. I hope they like Frank's Hot Sauce.

I'd post more, but it's going to be a long day tomorrow and for me to put up with it, I'll need a few hours of sleep. Take care everyone and I'll see you in a couple years!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Ok - here's a "funny" question only Mom can get away with asking....where's the camera packed that was used to take that awesome picture???? Hmmm....LOL!!! No worries - FedEx Rules!! :-) Love ya', Bud!